WLE600VX - 802.11ac 2.4/5GHz miniPCIe Radio Solution
The WLE600VX is an IEEE 802.11ac wireless adapter that operates in 2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz bands, available in PCIe mini card form factor. Featuring QCA9882 chipset, the WLE600VX dramatically increases the overall throughput up to 867Mbps with 2 x 2 MIMO technique. Leveraging the revolutionary 11ac technology, WLE600VX sets a new benchmark in throughput and range, making it ideal for consumer and enterprise applications, such as video, voice and data transmission. The WLE600VX is backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n and fully supports industry standards compliant security.
Product Highlights - KEY FEATURES
• Qualcomm Atheros QCA9882
• 2.4GHz max 21dBm & 5GHz max 20dBm output power (per chain)
• IEEE 802.11ac compliant & backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n
• 2x2 MIMO Technology, up to 867Mbps
• Mini PCI Express edge connector
• Supports Spatial Multiplexing, Cyclic-Delay Diversity (CDD), Low-Density Parity Check (LDPC) Codes, Maximal Ratio Combining (MRC), Space Time Block Code (STBC)
• Supports IEEE 802.11d, e, h, i, k, r, v time stamp, and w standards
• Supports Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS)
• Cards are individually calibrated for Quality Assurance
- Supported Operating System - Supported by CompexWRT with Qualcomm Atheros reference wireless drivers or OpenWRT/LEDE/LINUX with ath10k wireless drivers, on WPJ344, WPJ558, WPJ563, WPJ564, WPQ864, and WPQ865.
Dual Band 2×2 MIMO 802.11ac Wave 1 Module
- Qualcomm-Atheros QCA9882
- 2.4GHz max 21dBm output power & 5GHz max 20dBm output power (per chain)
- IEEE 802.11ac compliant & backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n
- 2X2 MIMO Technology & up to 867Mbps
- MiniPCI Express 1.1 interface
- Derived from QCA Reference Design XB140
Applications(combined with wpj344/wpj563)
802.11ac/abgn Point to Point
CE (!) 0678, FCC, IC Canada (7849A‐WLE600VX) , TELEC certified (Japan -reg.no.JU000537H - R 206-00537)
Attention : Atheros 11ac radio can't be used in PC or laptop, as BIOS do not detects it, as Atheros do not release such driver. Pls read reviews for more details about supported PC boards
We found that with our Linux PC the WLE600VX card radio (using miniPCIe to PCIe adapter card) is working well.
Installed Ubuntu with WLE600VX already inserted. Wireless detected immediately so the OS installation proceeded with automatically downloading updates. We are using Ubuntu 16.04 with 4.15.0-29 kernel and Firmware ver 10.2.4.70.9-2 for WLE600VX module
LINUX users : customer was required to update their kernel by edited /drivers/net/wireless/ath/regd.c with change the following "reg->country_code = CTRY_UNITED_STATES;" to their country accordingly since this is an initial limitations of the card from Linux operating system itself.
800Mbps UDP goodput! Review by paul
Price Value Quality
We was successful to have the card being recognized in the Barebone DSS-1300 platform, in the Shuttle DS81 the card was not recognized...
We can also use a standard mini ITX Board running an Intel i5 4570 CPU.
We use ath10k. driver (800Mbps UDP goodput!)
we compile the driver from backports.
The avarage duration of our experiments is half a day, it looks very stable (like in no crashes and stable bitrates)
OS : Ubuntu 14.04, other versions were also fine. (Posted on 6/24/2015)
Having a questiion ?? Contact us - info at 524wifi.com !!